Preliminary exercise learner response

1) Teacher's feedback:
  • Really good framing of shots (e.g. opening when sat up in bed, multiple angles).
  • Question- regarding light: deliberate in terms of daytime setting or time of year ? One to consider.
  • Slight criticism in terms of editing towards end- cutting between very similar shots- almost jump cuts. Not sure if deliberate.
  • Audio generally superb- aside perhaps from the last 20 seconds or so.
 2)

WWW: The music was perfect for scene- created tension.
WWW: Framing of shots were excellent, close ups of sink + water + point of view shot really well done.
WWW: Excellent mise-en-scene. Used conventions of horror.

EBI: Slight criticism in terms of editing towards the end- almost jump cuts.
EBI: Audio near the end doesn't fit well with the scene.
EBI: Question regarding light.

3) In my opinion, I believe that I did complete the objective I laid in my statement of intent to a high standard however, there were a few minor changes I made while filming. This is because I had various shots for my shot list, which varied my filming. I managed to use traditional conventions of psychological thrillers, such as the setting and mise-en-scene. Also, the actor used enforces stereotypes, e.g. a young actor.

4) I have learnt that you should never rush your editing, especially the last scenes, because it can let your whole grade down.  Also, while filming, particularly in the dark, I should use a 50 lenses, to get rid of the fuzzy quality.

5)  The current plans for my coursework:

  • Genre: Horror
  • The narrative will be the same.
  • Same protagonist, I will include other characters.
  • Same location, may include exterior locations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learner response

radio: war of the worlds

statement of intent