Coursework: statement of intent

statement of intent 

My trailer will be the genre of horror, it will involve a small group of teenagers who decide to become vloggers and ends up catching something supernatural and decide to chase to gain views; until they get haunted. My main focus in this trailer would be camerawork, as I have decided to shoot my entire trailer with an iPhone to really enhance the idea of my whole trailer being part of a vlog. For my pre-production I will create a script and a storyboard as the base of my trailer, this is an essential part of my planning as it will allow me to identify which camera angles are best to use for my trailer that will convey the story line as best as possible, the camera angles will be mainly Camera shots will consist of extreme close-ups on the eyes and face to exaggerate fear. Wide shots are used to establish location such as the field, school and the home or bedroom. Shaky and extreme close up as this will show the characters emotions as well as slightly exaggerate them and build  up the narrative. Another way  I will build up the narrative is through Roland Barthes’ theory of action and enigma codes, not only will this help explain the plot but it will also create tension and excitement within the audience.

The editing will be fast paced, I will not include a voice over as I believe it will take the realism out of the trailer and my idea to have a trailer based on small parts of vlog's filmed by teenagers in their most terrified moments.    
To make my characters more identifiable with the audience they will share the same age with my target audience they will be dressed like typical teenagers and share same interests for example music taste, fashion and language.

My target audience will be people aged 15-30 year old. This is because I believe the audience will be able to relate to the characters and their characteristics very well. My characters will be shown as materialistic which I believe a lot of people and not just teenagers would be able to relate to and engage into the trailer more. 

My trailer will reinforce stereotypes as I will be referring to Steve Neal's theory, which involves me repeating some typical horror scenes a presences following the character without them knowing and have stereotypes such as the coolest kid dying first and the shy anti-social one surviving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learner response

radio: war of the worlds

statement of intent