mise-en-scene

Costume

My actors will be dressed in casual clothing; jeans, top, jacket. I choose to dress my actors in casual clothing to convey their age and also so they audience can relate to the actors thorough possibly their style. Their clothing will also represent their personality. Two of my characters are have more of an extrovert personality therefore they will be dressed in more bright colour and be up to date with the fashion.The other two of my characters will be dressed in dull colours and in a more odd manner to represent their introvert personality. 

Lighting

At the begging of my trailer their will be more of a high-key lighting, I will manly use natural lighting and make sure the indoor settings are brightly lit as well. As the trailer progresses the lighting will transform into low-key lighting and I will also film more during the evening and night to show how the trailer progressed from normal to horror. This will represent the narrative as it will show how my characters lives went from being normal to being haunted 

Actors

I will be using four actors for my trailer, ideally two boys and two girls. The characters will be representing diversity. All my  characters share about the same age and interests.For my narrative I will divide my cast in half, two of them sharing the same opinions and the other two being more rebellious and would have the strength to face the supernatural, overall their will be aspects about my character that will bind them together and present them as a strong group. I am going to depict my characters as ones who are isolated through the use of a wide shot. In doing so, this will create an element of fear within the audience.

Make-up

Majority of my actors will be wearing natural makeup, one of my female actors will be wearing a full face make-up, by doing this it will inform the audience about the characters personality and the audience members will engage with the character, one of the other girls will be shown wearing no make , but as the trailer progresses their make up will change as their dark circles will be more prominent, their eyes will be red, dry lips and dull skin in general to shown how the fear has affected them physically. The two male actors their make-up wouldn't be as bright as the male actors but will still have a hint of dull/pale skin       


Props

The props I will be using will signify about the characters life and interest for example, a school bag will suggests they're still in education and equipment like camera and tripod will show their interest in vlogging





Setting

The location that will be seen the most in my trailer would be a park (rectory) or abandoned buildings or areas. Some of my shots will take place indoors such as a bedroom or a library. I may also decide to film some of my shots in MacDonald's of all my characters  








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learner response

radio: war of the worlds

statement of intent